Thursday, November 05, 2009

The Art Every Day Month Challenge

I decided to participate in the Art Every Day Month challenge from Leah @ Creative Every Day While I've been creavtive a little bit each day, it's only been a little wee bit. Since my mother in law has been in the hospital it's been a bit of a whirlwind. I don't even know which end is up currently. I work all day, go to the hospital afterwork, and come home to cook dinner at about 7:00. It's been tough, but to keep myself a wee bit of sane, I need to create. I need to create daily anyway, but the stressful, awful times are when I need it most.

Yesterday I completed a little octopus amigurumi to send off to a swap partner. I'd already sent off what should have been the complete swap of two amigurumi ornaments, but for some reason my little ami bird flew the coop! I found her days afterward on my desk...long after the package had left my hands and started the trip to Mexico. So I figured I'd get her packed up and sent off, but she needed a traveling companion to keep her company and make sure she stays in the envelope this time! So, of course an octopus came to mind! What other creature could hold a little bird in place, one with 8 legs should be able to do it! Here's the octopus:

This is Ollie...at least that's the name I've given him...his new owner might have a different name for him though :)

Today, November 6th, is when I'm going to buckle down and really start posting about my jaunts through Art Everyday Month. I really look forward to making a dent in some creative time, and getting my creative things back in order. Can I consider "creating an organized crafting space" part of Art Every Day Month?

2 comments:

Kara Chipoletti Jones of GriefAndCreativity dot com said...

Chelsae, I looooooooove ollie! He's so fabulous! Thanks much for visiting me and my Kabuki obsession over on Mother Henna for AEDM... looking forward to seeing all that you post this month... Really love your Things With Wings cards, too... the last one, the girl with attitude or looks like she's whistling maybe ... lovely! Miracles, k-

Leah said...

I love your little octopus. And you're so smart to include wee bits of creativity in your day. It's so hard to remember to do when things are so stressful and busy, but it tends to make us feel better, so it's worth it. (((hugs)))