Saturday, January 29, 2011

I've been missing again!

Boy! I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted last. We've been spending so much time watching Val hit baby milestones that I've been remiss in keeping my creative life updated. I've been doing a few small swaps here and there in the hopes of keeping my mailbox at least somewhat happy. I get so sick of seeing bills and junk mail.

Unfortunately with work and baby life, my creative life is almost nil. I still squeeze in a bit here and there by staying up waaaaay too late into the wee hours of morning. I seem to be doing that at the moment now. I should be in bed rather than doing an update, but if I don't do this know, come tomorrow i"ll forget all about it.

So here are a few of the things I've done in the past month swap wise.
My Barn Owl watercolor atc. I love the way this turned out. I had the intention of leaving the background completely white, but instead decided to put the green in. I think it really makes the owl pop.
This is a book mark with a crow and poppies. Also in watercolor. You know for a gal who HATED watercolor ooo so many years ago..it really seems to be my go to paint these days. I think I'm getting more used to manipulating it to my desire. I was so used to using pencil or marker that water color was just too loose and unpredictable for me. I couldn't control it enough to ease me "perfection of detail" obsession. I really like it now though.

I've got more in the wings, stay tuned for another burst of project photos. I'm getting too sleepy to stay up much longer and need to clean up the craft/art bomb that has exploded all over my kitchen table.

No comments: