Saturday, July 21, 2012

artistic photo editing.

I've been playing around editing images I took. I'm really having fun punching up the "arty" quality of them. I took these lovely pictures of my sister at the lake and have manipulated them to look a bit painterly. This one is currently available via my ViridianMuse ETSY shop as well as some of my painterly florals. I'm working on getting more listed, but haven't had time to sit down and get them into listing mode.

I love taking floral iamges. I haven't had much of a chance to do any floral photography this year, or last for that matter. Dragging a toddler and camera equipment out for a hike to find good images is not an ideal , nor creative trip. I can just envision broken camera/lenses.

This is one of my favorite florals so far. This bunch of white lilacs are so stunning. I'm thinking of getting this image blown up to at least a 16 x 18 or whatever that large of a size would amount to. I think framing it in a nice simple black frame would look really elegant. I've got far more colorful images to upload, but this one just speaks to me for some reason.


I'll be working on more silk tie pins in the coming week. I think Tuesday I'll be taking a trip around to see if I can find any ties I can't live without. The ones I have currently are in shades of gold, gun metal grey, a black white and purple print, and an orange paisley print. They're time consuming to make, but I enjoy the process greatly! Be on the lookout for more pins to join this one!

No comments: