Sunday, June 28, 2009

Watercolor Cards


Working on fall cards....breaking out the watercolor as it's been so long since I really "played" with it. These are for a swap via swap-bot. I love how they turned out, especially because i hadn't used watercolors for awhile, other than quick background washes and easy fill for aceos.

So I had to do something fall themed, without being Halloween. I LOVE the fall for the brilliant colors in the leaves and figured that would be an easy way to edge into blending colors again. I then moved from there to the purple martin migrations. This turned out kind of neat, though not exactly what I had in mind.


I then thought about the lovely gourds and pumpkins I so love during the fall. I think there's nothing more lovely than a centerpiece of freshly fallen leaves and harvest gourds. Natural and wonderful!


I figured the envelopes needed a bit of beautifying so I did some simple leave designs for the two leaf and harvest cards.

And a quick purple martin over the tree tops



Quite a satisfying artful evening. Hopefully I'll have plenty more of those to come. Now it's off to bed with me since it's now nearly 2:00 am. I've reverted back to night owl status since being on vacation. Monday is going to be HARD!

2 comments:

Arlene said...

I love the autumn leaf card! I'd say it's a good thing you got out your watercolors again. You are very good at it!

manawa said...

So nice these are :-) Very subtle and elegant.