Friday, September 08, 2006

KLIMT and Me


I've been working on self portraits this week and this one really grabbed me. Granted it doesn't look like me much, but i had fun doing it. I love Gustav Klimt. Especially his really detailed works. I patterned this after Judith 1. I love that picture.

Now I'm having a hard time parting with this one. I've made plenty for the portrait swap, ones that look more like me and less stylized. I'll probably hold onto this one for awhile.

I'm off today to spend time with my friend Lois. She and I have been having a great time getting together for art dates. We go to each others houses and sit and talk the day away and art. It's so much fun.

I'm thinking of taking more time to do Sharpie versions of Masterpieces. I had such a great time with that challenge for the Sharpie Scouts. I cannot wait to get my book! I'm so excited. Our fearless leader put a little full color zine out with submissions from the group. It looks really cool, but I can't wait to get my hands on it and pour through it! here are a few of the ones I did for the masterpiece swap.

3 comments:

alex said...

these are wonderful Chel! Love them!

Tammy said...

LOVE the Klimt you! That self portrait swap turned out to be a HUGE challenge for me. I'm not totally happy at all with my results, but I bit the bullet and sent them to Misa anyway! I haven't posted them to my blog yet... we'll see if I get brave and do that!

The Grand Duchess said...

Chel, you are such an ARTIST!!!! WOWIE ZOWIE!!! This is WhimsyT from the SScouts, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your stuff! ALL of it!!!!! OMG! We are both doing so many of the same things!!! I'm going to start selling some stuff on Etsy, too, as soon as I can get a little more settled in. WOW! so happy to have found the Scouts and to be meeting such wonderful, creative people! Wow! I'm just awestruck!