Saturday, December 10, 2005

Finished another doll




I finished up another doll today. I had her completeled except for the color in her face and the finishing around her head.I think she turned out pretty neat. I'll be trying to sell her at etsy.com. She'll be my first venture into getting my "real" artwork selling. I sell things through cafepress, but those are just prints. It seems to be a pretty nice place to list things. The fee isn't that high and it seems to be a hub of activity. We'll see how it goes.

I've now got two dolls left to finished up and one doll that's just been recently stuffed. She waits in a plastic bag for me to have a chance to get to stitching her the rest of the way together. I'm in the process of cutting out a hat pattern right now and hope to have that stitched together in the next couple of days. I'm hoping that after Christmas, I'll be able to have a few days where I can laze about the house in my pjs making purses and hats until my heart's content. I think with my pay from this week, I'll be running out to joanns to pick up some good tweeds and twills to make nifty hats out of. The one I'm currently making is just a cotton hat. Nothing fancy, just wanting to try out the pattern and she how it turns out. Hopefully my sewing skills aren't so rusty that I can't figure out what the heck I'm doing!

No comments: